The Egyptian Army Spokesman Ahmed Mohamed Aly said that the armed forces arrested eleven terrorists in North Sinai on Tuesday, August 20, 2013.
NORTH SINAI, Mar 18 (Aswat Masriya) - North Sinai residents found late Tuesday the body of a shot civilian and another injured civilian south of al-Arish city, a police source said.
The source told Aswat Masriya the slain civilian received several gunshot wounds. The injured civilian was meanwhile transferred to hospital.
The number of security personnel and civilians killed in armed attacks by militants in North Sinai significantly surged during the past few months.
Residents of the Sheikh Zuweid region found on August 20, 2014 the decapitated bodies of four civilians. The Sinai-based militant group Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis claimed responsibility for the incident, accusing the beheaded of providing Israel with intelligence.
Similar executions of civilians have been repeatedly occurring since then.
Ansar, Egypt's deadliest militant group, pledged allegiance to Islamic State fighters in Iraq and Syria last November, renaming itself as the "Sinai Province".