CAIRO, March 8 (Aswat Masriya) – Our daily roundup of headlines in Egypt's main state-owned and private newspapers on March 8, 2017
- Positive indicators of the state budget
- Sisi: expanding the "social protection", reducing inflation and tightening control.
- Subhi: providing possibilities to build generations capable of protecting the homeland
- Minister of Supply: solving the problem of the "Golden card" for bread during the 48 hours, subsidies not to be touched.
- "The Booklet" more flexible after amendment
- Minister of Aviation presents Egyptian facilities in Berlin tourist Stock Exchange
- Zamalek rejects statement of Gabalaya (Football association) and tends to escalate "Gereshsa" crisis internationally
- Ezz and Assal return to incarceration, Mubarak banned from travel
- The projects of new schools to be completed in September
- Sisi to government: take into account the low-income and activation of monitoring agencies
- Minister of Finance: Regulations of the added-value law within days
- 10.5 pounds per kilogram of sugar and 6.5 for rice within two weeks in markets
- Protests in Alexandria and Kafr El-Sheikh for reducing bread rations, Supply ministry: reducing "Gold cards" has not effect
- "Golden card disorder” of bread expanded in the provinces
- Protests and blocking of roads due to reduced Card rations, the security disperses protests in Dekhaila and Imbaba
- The dollar continued the rise journey and records 17.50 pounds in banks
- Deputy of parliament speaker: NGO law back to Parliament for amendment
- In the International Women's Day: 66.6% of Egyptian women divorcees had experienced physical violence
- "Golden card" brings back bread protests in four provinces
- Moselhi: What is distributed through the card is 20% of consumption, reducing rations is to keep subsidies worth of millions, smart cards problems to be solved within 10 days
- Dollar rises to 17.45 pounds, and 10 pounds increase in gold
- Ezz back to prison
* Al-Masry Al-Youm:
- "The government women" announce rebellion against the "red tape"
- Sahar, Hala, Nabila and Nadia venturing into investment and local administration files
- Ezz and Assal imprisoned pending "iron licenses"
- "Golden card" sparks "bread intifada"