CAIRO, Jul 27 (Aswat Masriya) - Egyptian authorities are ready to provide Moscow with information on the investigation into the crash of a Russian plane last year, state-affiliated Russian news agency Sputnik reported on Wednesday.
Moscow suspended all flights to Egypt in the wake of the crash that took place in the Sinai peninsula in October, killing all 224 on board. The plane was heading from the Egyptian resort city of Sharm el-Sheikh to St. Petersburg in Russia.
An Egyptian delegation headed by Egypt's Minister of Civil Aviation Sherif Fathy, General Prosecutor Nabil Sadek and the head of the investigative committee Ayman Mokadem is currently in Moscow to present Russian officials with the latest findings of investigations into the crash.
"The prosecutor general of the Arab Republic of Egypt spoke of his readiness to provide the Russian Prosecutor General’s Office and other concerned agencies with information on the investigation into the catastrophe involving the A321 plane in October 2015," Russian prosecution office’s spokesman Alexander Kurennoi said.
"The sides also discussed various issues related to cooperation in the legal sphere and in fight against international crime," Kurennoi added.
Since the plane crash, Russia among other western countries have sent delegations to inspect security measures in Egyptian airports, which Egyptian officials continued to describe as in line with "international standards."
Earlier in July, Egypt's parliamentary speaker Ali Abdel Aal headed to Moscow and briefed the Russian side about security measures recently adopted at the country's airports.
"Approximately 85% of what Russia had demanded, of those guarantees, was fulfilled by Egypt," Abdel Aal said at the meeting with speaker of Russia's upper house of parliament Valentina Matviyenko, according to Russian state-affiliated Sputnik news agency.
"It would be a great sign, if flights between Moscow and Cairo resumed."