CAIRO, Feb 2 (Aswat Masriya) – A child was killed and two people were injured in mortar attacks on two houses near North Sinai's Rafah city, a security source said.
The source told Aswat Masriya that it remains unknown who fired the mortar rounds. In one of the attacks, a 10 year-old child was killed and his 13-year-old sister was injured.
The other attack left a woman with minor injuries.
Earlier on Monday, an army conscript was injured when unidentified gunmen shot at him.
The attacks come days after four separate attacks in North Sinai left at least 30 people dead and more than 50 injured on Thursday.
Insurgency has escalated in Egypt since July 2013, with the Sinai Peninsula being the most heavily affected part of the country.
Sinai-based militant group Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis has claimed responsibility for Thursday's attacks, the deadliest Egypt has witnessed in months. The group changed its name to Sinai Province after pledging allegiance to Islamic State fighters in Syria and Iraq last November.