Egypt interior ministry: Fight led to attack of demonstration

Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:15 PM 
Photo from Ministry of Interior official page

Egypt's Interior Ministry said on Sunday that a fight between someone and one of the protesters led to Saturday's attack on the demonstration by the presidential palace. 

Four men have been arrested as defendants while investigations continue, ministry spokesman said on Sunday.

In a Facebook statement, the ministry said that investigations have so far revealed that a scuffle between one of the now-arrested defendants and a protester started the attack that led to more than 15 injuries on Saturday. 

The defendant had apparently come back with his neighbors and acquaintances following the confrontation with the protester and threw petrol bombs and fired birdshots at the protesters, burning four of their tents. 

Some members of the central security forces were also injured during their attempt to contain the violence. 

This content is from : Aswat Masriya
Aswat Masriya is a free website. Everyone is encouraged to use the content produced by Aswat Masriya journalists, as long as the website is credited and a link back to the website is included. Content from our content partners or Reuters cannot be republished without permission

Leave a comment

IMPORTANT: Aswat Masriya is not responsible for the content of any comment.

About Us | Contact Us | Terms Of Use All rights reserved 2014 Aswat Masriya ©